Whether its me or one of my quality colleagues, it is very important for a home buyer and seller to work with a Realtor they trust. I am proud to share this recent testimonial from one of my clients. I represented a sister and brother who were selling their parents’ Gardena home. A truly difficult time for them both.
We appreciated your professionalism in the sale of the house. You advised us in ways that we needed so the house would sell. You did a great job! We seem to have found the perfect buyer for the house. It is full of many happy memories.
Thanks for being a good friend to Steve as well. I know it meant a lot to have someone that he knew would do a good job and that he could trust to help us all through this process.
I’m sure you realize it is an emotional as well as realistic ending of an era. We move on as a family with the traditions our parents left us.
I know our parents would be happy with the way you handled the sale of their home, we are too.
Here are some traits to look for when you are selecting a Realtor to represent your next home transaction:
1. TRUSTWORTHY: honest, has YOUR best interests in mind
2. LISTENS: seeks to understand YOUR needs; e.g., for Buyers, this can be showing you houses that meet your requirements and preferences and not wasting your time
3. KNOWLEDGEABLE : knows the market, helps guide you in best, but realistic pricing whether you are selling or buying; help you leverage from their experience to prevent or address challenges; advises you on how to best present your home (sellers), or your offer (buyers); if short sale, as this is a more complicated process, have experience negotiating the process; recommend you get pre-approved;
4. AVAILABILTY: accessible for your questions; do they work real estate on a part-time basis? this can effect the level of service, and sometimes professionalism
5. RELIABILITY: follows through on what (s)he says (s)he will do
6. STRONG COMMUNIATOR: both with you and the other agent; clearly convey offer/requirements; is persuasive and a strong negotatior
A. Willing to go the extra mile.
B. Well-connected – you will need other services; makes your life easier if they can recommend quality professionals, such as a mortgage broker, contractor, home inspector; if you’re new to the area, this list may extend to dry cleaners, babysitters, restaurants, and more….
C. Personable – it’s always nice to work with someone that you like!
And, did you know that sellers who use real estate represenative sell their houses more quickly? 1
If you are planning on selling your home or buying in the Los Angeles South Bay, please call me so we can get to know each other.
1 Stanford Study by Bernheim and Meer